Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Room 9 - Classroom Setup!


Over the school holidays I set up my very first Year 3 classroom. I looked at different ways I could set up the learning space to help children be motivated and engaged towards their learning. With the intention of not covering up too many walls so that we can display lots of the children's work, I feel I have made a learning space where children will feel safe, happy and excited to be in the classroom. Bright colours are used, opportunities to use ICT devices to enhance the learning, Daily 5 activities, Maori language, and mainly having organised the classroom in a way that lets children move around and be able to access everything easily. Children desk's are in four groups (Whero, Kowhai, Kahurangi, Kakariki) to give children an opportunity to cooperate together, work collaboratively and build positive relationships with their peers. Going forward I plan to put wire string lines up in the classroom to allow more opportunity to display the children's work. I'm very excited for 2016 and seeing the children in the classroom be just as eager and motivated to learn as what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment