Tuesday, October 17, 2017

PASSION - TEACH LIKE A PIRATE!


In your classroom what curriculum area are you passionate about teaching?


I am most passionate about teaching WRITING! 

 

I love providing opportunities for children to use their imagination, engage in new experiences, be creative and share their stories with others. I love listening to my student's stories. Seeing them smile, laugh and be so proud of their work. Every student has a different story to tell and each piece of writing is unique and tells a different story. 

Within your profession but not specific to curriculum area, what are you passionate about?

I'm passionate about being the best teacher I can be, building some of the best relationships with my student's and being their for those kids who need that someone special in their lives. I want to be a breath of fresh air for my students and make their learning environment a positive and safe environment. 



Completely outside your profession, what are you passionate about?

I'm passionate about my family. I love having family time with my partner and my wee boy. I enjoy renovating our house and moving forward together.

Art, craft, craft markets...

Cooking, baking....etc

Oh and gardening :)
I LOVED....


"It's about helping the next generation fulfill their potential and become successful human beings. It's no longer about memorising facts; it's about inspiring greatness." P.g 10

"no matter where they start in life, or how low they fall, they can still, through the power of self-education and their own efforts, rise to greatness." P.g 10.

"Passion is all about being on fire in front of your class." P.g 12



5 comments:

  1. Hmm.... I would never have guessed you are passionate about teaching writing - LOL. You have really shown this passion in our team this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading the stories that our wee buddies bring over to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your reflection Amber - I only wished we had started collaborative writing earlier - your passion is so very infectious! V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, your desire to be be the best you can be is evident in all that you do and I appreciate that you are encouraging your students to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the quotes you took from the book - a nice reference to what struck a cord with you.

    ReplyDelete